Provides direct nursing care to mentally ill consumers based on a systematized body of knowledge. Utilizes nursing process including assessment, identification of nursing problems, planning, execution, evaluation and modification of nursing interventions as determined by consumer outcomes. Acknowledges, coordinates and implements diagnostic and therapeutic orders. Assures consumer safety through safe administration of medications, prevention of violent behavior, infection control and falls. Participates as a contributing member of the multidisciplinary treatment team. Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
Must be available to work all shifts as needed for coverage (overnight, day and evening as well as weekends and holidays).
• Current FL LPN license and CPR certification
• Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with the clients.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical record information, departmental procedures, and governmental regulations.
Ability to work in a fast pace environment independently.
• Ability to assess and record observations.
• Ability to complete professional correspondence.
• Ability to make logical decisions based on sound reasoning and understanding of consequences